Friday, May 31, 2013

Boston Museum Study Finds 1 in 13 Visitors Have "Ape-Like Feet"

Planet of the Apes
(image: ifc.com)
Until Charles Darwin advanced his theory of evolution, it was nearly inconceivable to assert that human ancestry included apes. Since that time, humanity has wondered whether any resemblance between itself and simians was merely coincidental.

A recent study conducted at the Boston Museum of Science has explored this proposition. According to a BBC report, researchers "studied the feet of 398 visitors" to the museum. They discovered that one in thirteen participants had "ape-like feet."

I'm looking at my own feet now. They don't seem ape-like, but how do I really know? I don't have any tree climbing aptitude. I like to eat bananas, but I could easily manage without them. I'm not particularly large and my face does not resemble any known simian mug.

I suppose Ernie Kovacs' Nairobi Trio had the right idea after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment