Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Night in Orlando

I’m in the midst of my second trip to Orlando in the past six months. My trips here involve attending trade shows; the hotels where I stay are either inside a theme park or close to one. My issue is that I never know where to go at night. Sometimes, business schmoozing means my evening journey goes no further than the hotel bar. That makes a night in Orlando a simple, vanilla proposition. However, there are times when business conversations work out better in more imaginatively selected venues. Where are they in Orlando? Let’s say it’s a challenge for me to find them, as I have no expertise whatsoever regarding Orlando’s nightlife outside the hothouse world of the theme parks.

I realize I’m kvetching about something I basically enjoy. Nonetheless, I just don’t have a feeling, any touch, for Orlando after sunset. Maybe this trip will be different: we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment