Saturday, May 29, 2010

Welcome to Inner Harbor

Welcome to Inner Harbor.

What's Inner Harbor? First, compliments to the literal Inner Harbor in Baltimore. I like its spirit, in which a city celebrates its waterfront.

However, this blog is not a Chamber of Commerce bromide for Charm City. My blog reflects the state of my mind, my interests, my disinterests.

The writer Laurie Lico Albanese, in a class she conducted with my wife, photographer Amy Becker, discussed the challenges of beginning an endeavor. Laurie talked about the need to find a "way in" to a project, to get it off the ground. While I was not a participant in the class, I valued Laurie's observation and thought it quite pertinent to my ambitions.

Well, I have to begin somewhere. I'll start, as Homer did in the Odyssey, with music. The following link, a video of the Brand New Heavies, provides a useful "way in" to Inner Harbor's sensibility.

I look forward to your return.

No comments:

Post a Comment